So, I've been working this week (hah! imagine that) and haven't made much progress on the blog. However, the workmen have built the forms for the foundation of the extension. There's a set outside the front (where Jackson's room and the guest room will get slightly wider) and outside the side (where the family room and kitchen extension will be). These photos are here. You can also see where the kitchen will get longer. And the Bobcat. And the dust and the mess. It's pretty difficult to go back there now, even in the sunshine, because everything is torn up. We still have some boxes of books and such up in our office, and lots of junk in the garage, including my iron and sewing boxes, which I rescued today. Dusty. Progress can be distressing. 
I am looking forward to staying in the (slightly wider) guest room when the project is completed. BTW will the house be completed in sections or all at once? I imagine there will be a city inspection to clear the house when all the work is done.
ReplyDeleteThe work is being done all at the same time. I wonder how far along we'll be when you get here.
ReplyDeleteI am eager to see some concrete poured into those forms.
ReplyDeleteMe too. Hopefully this week, depending on how long it takes the City inspectors.
ReplyDelete