Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Moving!!

It's official -- I booked the movers for Monday, December 22nd. And Harry Rosingana (the builder) says he can start the demo in the yard and the prep for the addition on Tuesday, December 23rd. Merry Christmas to me. I am so happy that this project, which has been on the books for 18 months, is finally getting off the ground.

Today I also gave away Stella's easel (a long ago gift from John and Patti, if I remember correctly) to a nice couple in Cupertino who want it for when their granddaughters visit.

I also took Frank and Maura up to the rental tonight-- OMG it was unbelievably cold in the house (Note to self: remember to call PG&E to turn on the gas!) -- Frank is going to rip off the wallpaper in Jackson's room and repaint -- a nice boring "bone" color. That would be white. Here are two photos of the rental, for those of you who haven't visited "the little green house" on Picassa. One of the scary Coca Cola wall paper. Another of the wonderful living room windows.
Maura's baby is due in two weeks. I remember Bob and I were remodeling our Redwood City house right before Stella was born. I wish them the best of luck and think of them with so much love. They've come a long way. I'm glad we can have Frank's help.
I'm tired. I'll talk more about it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment