Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Final Stretch & The Big Trench

Okay, so it's been a while. It's been a tough summer. Enough said.



If you're watching the Picasa photos, you'll have seen the progress. Floors. Doors. Walls. Paint. More paint. Trim. More paint. Landscape design. Doors. Baseboards. Paint. Cabinets!!!!



The tile got delivered today (after only 5 phone calls) and hopefully the fireplace mantle/surround will be delivered tomorrow (after only 2 phone calls and about 15 emails). Bob's out of town for two days and now I see what he's been up to for 8 months.



To my great chagrin, the new 2" water service to the house (required by the city for sufficient water flow to the inside fire sprinklers) is ready to be laid into a very large trench. I'm glad I didn't have to dig it, I'm grateful to the nice men who did, and I'm hopeful that my garden will recover eventually.



Here are photos of the trench. More updates daily now, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment