Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ups and Downs



I've been delinquent, but much has been happening. I've uploaded all the new photos that I have (most) to the Picasa album, so look there. Today was a grim day with Tony (the structural engineer) telling Paul (the foreman) that they didn't have to follow the plans that Lou (the architect) designed, because "that was a mistake" -- so, after much disappointment and sadness, and a few phone calls, Bob got it straightened out. Lou is on our side. Harry (the builder) will do the work, even if it takes longer and costs (us) more. Tony is in the dog house, big time and Paul is not my favorite any more either because he should ask us (me and Bob) not Tony (who we are mad at) when he notices a discrepancy.
There is a lot of progress, and that's good. But it's still nerve wracking nerve wracking. Leo has been visiting me when I go to take photos. He spent the night at Lindy Lane last night, but then moved on back down the hill in the morning. It's his house down there!
The window order is in (I think???) after much tinkering. The doors are next. We are still noodling over ceramic tiles vs. wood for the kitchen floors. Votes from the peanut gallery?

2 comments:

  1. No heckling from me! So sorry for the disagreements and tribulations. If the window order is in, you must have decided on the number and size of all the windows. Are there any windows, outside of the garage and office which will remain original? Will the original mailbox remain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of the original windows will remain. Even then one in the garage will be new. The office windows are all being replaced, too, so that they're low emission, energy efficient, and also so they will match. I don't know about the mailbox. We might move the door over to the right, so we can have a light panel on the left, then the doornob might get in the way of the mailbox. I might like a new mailbox. One with a turtle painted on it. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete